Friday, June 08, 2012

First week!

Thus ends my first week of paralegal school!  Classes are Monday through Thursday :) Friday is freeeeeeeee!!!!!! Anyway, I'm taking intro to law and property law. Intro is taught by an experienced paralegal and Property is taught by a practicing lawyer!!!!!  That's cool because I have two different perspectives. 
Also, I met some cool people! A surprising amount of people are career changers. I met a lady who has her M.A. in education and is switching to paralegal school. Another girl is an HDFS graduate like me!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)


My classes are challenging in a good way.  I am learning abou such things like types of ownership in property law.  It comes down to looking at a scenario and classifying it into a category.  That's similar to looking at a child's development and classifying him or her in a specific developmental stage. So skills like that are transferable. That's a good thing indeed!
Sometimes Mom wonders if I am really capable of doing paralegal work and learning the material because it's still a significant career change for me and she worries a lot. If she perseverates on that,  I could begin to worry.  However, yesterday I completed an in class assignment successfully even while helping another classmate.  That tangible evidence that I can master and apply the material offsets my internal concerns fueled by Mom's worry. As she sees how I go through my studies,  I hope her worry is less as well :)


Sunset near the Littleton light rail station :)

No comments: