Monday, July 16, 2012

Filing away some experience!

Today was my second day at Colorado Legal Services as an administrative volunteer. Both last Monday and today, I helped the case manager file closed cases. I label the files and make sure all the paperwork is there. Then I place the files in the file cabinets where they keep cases for the year.  


It seems like a mundane job, but I really do learn a lot. For instance, I see a LOT of custody issues and a LOT of eviction issues in clients' files. I also get to see the intake forms used for specific types of cases like family-law cases or collections cases. 


It's nice to get out of the house for a while :) And it is nice to be able to contribute to a law firm before I am a paralegal! When I become an intake assistant late in August, I am sure I will learn much more! 

No comments: