Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pajama apologetics

Apologetics is great. Sitting in front of your computer, sitting with your 2 inch binder full of notes in a lecture hall, in an office of a Harvard Educated Profesor. God through apologetics can do wonders in those situations But in your pajamas as your first conversation of the day? That happened to me this morning. It happened like this: My non-Christian family member, after saying good morning promptly started grilling me about where God was during this latest Israel versus the terrorists violence. I took a deep breath, trusted God, rubbed my still sleepy face and started talking. I was thankful that in all the three years I've been Christian, this is only about the second or third time I have done this.

It asks the question ARE YOU READY? AAAAAAAAARE YOU READY??? - Ooooooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS- <-- ok, sorry, I had to start of at least a little bit of the Spongebob Square Pants song... enough is enough, I know... ANYWAY, are we really ready to defend God at any hour of the day? Early in the morning? In the middle of class? During office hours? On the Plaza on your way to the Ramskeller or Cams Corner for a cold beverage of your choice and some discount price candy?

When we share, do we rely on the fact that God is Truth and put faith in Him and that He will give us answers, or do we rely on our brains? That squishy slippery mass of grey (or pinkish) matter in our skulls that is affected by the Fall of Creation? Do you notice a difference when you do? I do. When I debate from my brain, the pressure is on me and I feel like I'm being attacked, and I back down more easily. But if I debate in faith, I can stand up for my God - my Creator and Savior and Father and Lord, and I feel more at peace because I have the faith and the trust and the EVIDENCE that He is true and faithful :)

So, my dear Christian brothers and sisters, whenever the debate, and wherever the debate, you are ready!!! because God readies you!

No comments: