Last year, I also pondered the idea of monetizing the blog and making a bit of a second job out of maintaining this blog and my other blog: A Chance to be Loved.
So what were my barriers?
- Time - between cleaning Dork Manor, bookkeeping for The Bank of Dorks (the joint account), hanging out with my lil' man when he was here, hanging out with sweet Bri-Bri, keeping up with my friends so they didn't feel like Katie was sucked into Planet Married-Land with no contact with earth, and stuff like that, I just didn't have time
- Solution: Time to bust out that Google Calendar! Oh, and my pink planner and actually make time for this!
- Tentativeness: Do I really want to get more serious about blogging? Am I sure it will work? What if it doesn't work?
- Solution: I just have to trust God if that is how He is leading me and I should probably talk to some Christian ladies I know who are bloggers so I can ask them for practical tips as well as how they trust God with this talent they have.
- Also, listen to the Problogger podcast that I have on subscription. Actually do recommended exercises. No time? See point above.
- I don't like delving into my past. Just when I saw that telling people about my past has been helpful to them, I realize that it's hard. I forgot how hard it was when I wasn't looking at it on a more regular basis. Yep, that's why my other blog came to a halt.
- Solution: See point above and also discuss with sweet hubby and he can be my support. Other solutions include widening the support network.