Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Years Resolution

October 2007 marks my fifth year being Christian. That's a while from now, but what have I learned so far in my Christian life?

1. God really did create the world.
2. God has a plan for my scholastic and other achievements.
3. God works wonders in people's lives (from watching my friends come to, grow in, and come back to Christ)
4. God's like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
5. It's amazing what God can say thorugh me if I memorize His word.
6. God forgives mistakes.
7. And He helps me to slowly make less and less mistakes.
8. And that takes obedience on my part.
9. But that's much easier if I love God.

Those are somewhat of the general things. The specific list would take way too long. But my New Year Resolution is simple: Love God more.

That's it. Loving God keeps me from temtation, in His Word, focused on His kingdom, etc. etc. etc.

This year off from school I asked God to train me for what He has prepared for me. Taking this job as a transportation technician at a hospital makes me curious as to wether He is preparing me to be a physician. Therefore, I have asked for His help as the Great Physician training His possible apprentice. However, I have failed to ask Him to help me love Him better. I can ask Him for the pragmatic things: career path, character growth, more understanding of doctrine and His word, but my heart shows me that I need to ask Him for Himself.

I taste and see that You are good
I hide myself within Your love
In Your presence, I lack nothing
You're all I want and You are here with me

- Taste and See worship song adapted from Psalm 34

No comments: