Monday, July 30, 2007

Going Ahead Looking Back

This week I start the daunting task of packing up all my stuff to take back up to CSU for graduate school. I haven't been through my college stuff in over a year. Since I'm studying Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS), my huge biology book will remain behind :( :( but since I'm taking genetics, my biochemistry book gets to return with me. I should also probably take my Evolution a Theory in Crisis book with me too now come to think off it...

So many books, so many tapes and CD's from church with a bunch of messages... all my stuff tells a story of who I was in college - a mix between HDFS and premed nerd and a Christian girl who had a crazy preoccupation with Creationism and Intellegent Design. I also found some journals and some drawings I did in the darker moments of undergrad - mainly when I lost my uncle and grandpa. I saw how God grew me. Looking at the messages I chose to have in my 'sermon library' much of them center around Godward growth but also God's hand and purpose through pain and suffering and about what we would find at the end of our earthly walk with Him. I also found a message with a note on it to a good premed friend saying that "There's a premed analogy in the middle of this message which is cool!!!" , so I'm curious as to what that is now. :)

I also have to pack new stuff - kitchen stuff since the Lory Apartments have their own kitchen (yay!) So, I'm taking with me some of my 'old life' and I have to start building this new life in graduate school.

Whenever we transition, parts of the old life integrate with parts of the new. We all know this already, but it's interesting coming back to CSU because God grew me a lot during undergrad and especially with this year off working at the hospital. How will He use the lessons I learned as a premed and as a patient transporter to continue to build me as a HDFS graduate student? I have no idea as I am not God! However, looking back and seeing how He has changed me and how amazing that has been, I'm looking forward to this next chapter in my life and how it will reveal His glory.

No comments: