Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Concerned thoughts about Someone...

Note, I can't refer to this Someone by name because... well... because. Also, anyone who wishes to leave comments, e - mail me!!

This Sunday (8/7/05) Peter Jennings died of lung cancer. Last week (8/1/05) my grandpa died of pneumonia. On December 22, 2004 my uncle RG died of lung cancer.

Peter Jennings admitted his cancer was caused by cancer. He found out in April. I thought of two people: my uncle and this other person who had lost a parent to a smoking related illness. Peter Jennings died at age 67. This other person's parent died at age 67.

When Peter Jennings died, I thought of my uncle. The fresh grief I had about Pa was there, but the grief I had for my uncle suddenly became fresh as well. But I also thought of that other person - that someone I knew who lost his parent. I wondered how he was doing. I wanted to be with him wherever he was and talk to him to see if he was doing ok. I maybe also wished that we could talk so I could tell him that my grief was re - opened on top of this new wound.

Maybe because my grief was re - opened, I thought his would be as well. If so, maybe being together talking it out would help us both re - close it. Maybe just being around this person would help me with my new grief.

With that said, I e - mailed him to tell him that I was thinking of him and shared what I was thinking about Peter Jenning's death. I just told him it made me think of my uncle and that it should pound into people's heads that smoking will kill them. Do I wish for a reply? Yeah. Do I think I'll get a reply? Maybe. Do I think it may help? Dunno. Do I want it to? Yeah. Do I think it helped him? I don't know - I hope so. I really hope so. Do I want him to help me? No - Yes - Maybe... honestly maybe... honestly I don't know. It depends on the day.