Friday, July 13, 2012

Nerdy and "Hearty" Bible Studies!

I'm studying 2 Corinthians again! We studied it in the Cole/Kaan Team. That was fun. I used my ESV bible on my PHONE! :) Yeah. I was all proud of myself because Mitch had just switched Summitview over to ESV. 


ESV makes me feel like a nerd. In a good way. I enjoy seeing concepts come together. That's why I like being an HDFS major. Because SO MANY DEVELOPMENTAL and SOCIOLOGICAL concepts overlap and it's AWESOME.....


ahem.... Anyway....


One thing I have a bad habit of is nerding out in Bible studies and completely forgetting it's about God and I talking about life as well as theology. Actually, more accurately, Bible study is God and a Christian's relationship deepening as the Christian comes to understand theological concepts which really mean that the Christian understands God more. 


I wasn't purely nerdy in the Cole-Kaan Team. Ok... I was  a NERD, but I still shared my feelings which was good :) 

I think going to the NLT will break me out of just being a nerd and actually getting my emotions or 'heart' engaged in my Quiet Times. My brain and heart will work together to understand God better! :) Woot! 




2 comments:

2xA Ron said...

I have found the NLT very helpful for un-nerding myself, when I really need to see a passage hit my heart rather than my head. Still love the ESV, though. Sorry about the conflict on the thread on Facebook. :(

Katie said...

Eh, no big dealio w/ people fighting over a thread on The Face. I still got some good info. Yeah, people flip out a lot 'bout stuff.