Monday, February 18, 2013

Where your treasure is...

Woot for getting a lot of homework done today!!!! Well... studying for a test, reading for another class, and writing / editing two short assignments. 

In a way, I'm glad I have a lot assignments to keep my brain busy

Otherwise, I'd be sitting around waiting for Boaz to call. He's en route to Colorado from Pennsylvania. For some reason, I can have this fear that 'oh no, something happened!' that is a carryover from growing up with a worry-wort. 

Anyway,  yeah. Suddenly the verse hit me: "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21. In context, the verse is about storing up economic wealth. But I realized that Boaz's out of town-ness made me think about how I trust God with him. 

Do I trust that this relationship is from God and that God is taking care of Boaz in the same way He is taking care of me? 

Or do I worry that God would let both of us down by not caring for Boaz and dissapointing us? 

Furthermore, if Boaz' plane got hit by a stray meteor, would I be crushed because I had placed Boaz  in the position of being my everything in place of God? Or would I trust God and be sad, but know God has life go on (and thank God that I wasn't married so I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with Boaz' probate matters along with my own life). 

But it's interesting to think about. Are there times I just wish his plane would get into DIA and I could see a text or hear him on my phone? Yup! Totally! Not just because, "Ooooh, BOAZ I NEED YOU!!" but because I really am interested in how his trip went. And I also do hope he gets a good rest before he goes to work tomorrow :) 

And I am thankful for this trip because for him, he was able to see his son and God used it to give me a reality check to see if Boaz was where my treasure was, or if I am still putting Christ as my first treasure of my heart :) 

1 comment:

Rachel Greco said...

Great thoughts and questions, Katie! It's so hard to give our treasured possessions to God, but he is able to take care of them much better than we are! Missed you today at church. I was skiing, then stuck in a blizzard :) How was it?