Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Last Paralegal Class!

Greetings from the Arapahoe Community College library! I just finished my...

LAST PARALEGAL CLASS EVER!! 

That's right! All I have to do is finish my last Legal Research paper and pass Legal Research and then I'm doooooooooooooone!!!! :) 

In June 2012, I was beginning classes and I had just signed up to be a volunteer at Colorado Legal Services. In fact, my first legal volunteer experience was at the 2012 Senior Law Day where I helped participants find their conference rooms and timed a speaker in one room about mediation and the probate process. I had heard about it in Intro to Legal Studies and I volunteered with a girl from Property Law. 

That was the beginning of my 1 year long volunteer experience at Colorado Legal Services, 5 month internship at Metro Volunteer Lawyers, and the stepping stone to my present legal assistant position that I have had almost three months. 

I never dreamed I would make it this far and seemingly so easily. I felt God give me a promise that this job search would not be like the last time, and I give all credit to Him. Also, I want to say I am grateful for my ability to do legal work and learn administrative work, but I do not want to take all the glory. That belongs to God alone. 

I've met a lot of good friends in my paralegal program, and I know I will keep in touch with many of them after we graduate. More importantly, I can begin the next phase of my adventures in Denver: Moving out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom, the free rent was great, but now I'm outta here!!!!! 

So here's to almost having my paralegal certificate! It's been a great journey, now I just have to get back to this research paper so I can finish strong! :) 



1 comment:

2xA Ron said...

Congratulations!