Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Year in Review Jan - May

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwg!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're still friends!!!!!!!!! I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ok, now that's out of the way :) 

We begin: Katie's Year in Review! 

January was a great month! One crisp Saturday morning, I boarded the southbound D line of Light Rail to meet a handsome dorky man who was my Boaz! :) After two months of talking with him online, we would meet in person :) at the Starbucks by Aspen Grove! 

 


During a walk on a nearby trail, he took my small hands in his warm massive hands and told me how much he liked me and he saw my heart for God and stuff and asked me to be his girlfriend! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW! 

A short time later, he used his warm massive fingers to wipe tears away from my eyes when I began crying confessing that I didn't know how Mom would react to me having a boyfriend who was - um - 14 years older - yet I believed God had a plan for our relationship. After a nice talk, a hug, and a kiss on the forehead, I felt confident that this was the man God was calling to pursue me :) 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! 

That January also began: My WORST PARALEGAL CLASS EVER! :O My classmates and I struggled with the instructor's teaching style resulting in 90% of us failing our first several assignments. Worst of all, I couldn't tell my mom because she would FREAK OUT!!

Enter Boaz: I texted him (or maybe I called him when my mom wasn't home.... I can't remember) and cried about my class. One Tuesday afternoon, while waiting for an evening class to start, who should appear but my sweet Boaz? Poking his head in the doorway, he asked for me and I squeaked! Then I hurried into his arms where he gave me a hug and kiss in the hallway while encouraging me that he was praying for me and that class :) :) 

Well, I was all smiles for the rest of the evening :) 

February was my first Valentine's Day with a boyfriend! :) 

My sweet Boaz took me to the Olive Garden!! :) for Valentine's Day!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW! 




The beginning of February was also great! I got to meet the clan of my sweet Boaz!!!! :) :) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! His 4 nieces are SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE and they love him to pieces! His parents are great too :) 

March

I bid adeu to the Worst Paralegal Class Ever (along with over 95% of the class). My stress level went down and my tuition was reimbursed! Yay! That 'free period' was replaced by more hours volunteering at Colorado Legal Services and I began looking for an internship. 

Outside of school, I met the cutest eight year old! :) Boaz, his son, and I spent the day before Easter at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Little guy was great and pointed out the animals in their environments as well as their droppings. He found the rhinoceros droppings rather impressive... Oh, eight year old kids! We all tried our hand at climbing a climbing wall and little guy got pretty far! My spry Boaz even tried and he climbed as high as his son! I tried and well... my feet didn't touch for a bit :) We rode the ski-lifts and got an arial view of the zoo and ended the day with dippin' dots! 

I'll ask Boaz if he would mind if pictures of his little guy appeared on my blog, but for now, here's a picture of Boaz and the massive giraffe! :) 

Sweet Boaz took a picture of me feeding the giraffes, and well, you can see the fence, the giraffe, and.... oh, I guess that really is little me! 

April

I began my Paralegal internship at Metro Volunteer Lawyers :) It's in the same office as Colorado Legal Services, and I worked in the Family Law Court Program where we did the court filings and kept track of pleadings that clients who were technically pro se completed. The paralegals and interns helped clients fill out the forms, but they didn't get full representation. However, we were able to help a lot of people with simple divorce or custody cases navigate the court system. 

The Boston Bombing happened on April 15 and Boaz and I prayed for the victims involved. We prayed that people would seek God and see His goodness even in the midst of that event. 

My Boaz took me to PF Changs for my birthday :) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!! 
and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! 

May

May featured THE MOST EPIC CHRIS TOMLIN CONCERT AT RED ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup! My Boaz treated me to the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK! 

I have a blog post devoted to it too :) 

May was also when my best friend EVER graduated with her degree in Marketing!!!!! :) Boaz and I went to her party and celebrated her well deserved accomplishment!!!! :) :) 









No comments: