Saturday, March 29, 2014

I Could've been Mina

In the movie "God's Not Dead" The character that I thought about the most was Mina.  We find out that she is a Christian in a relationship with a non Christian.  She is either living with him or spends a lot of time at his house.  At one point, she brings up their differences in worldviews causing an argument. This leads her to confide in a pastor. During the course of the conversation, Mina realizes she was using this relationship to fill a void in her life.

I was the same way. I could've gone after someone who I admired. If he was not already taken, I could've thought he would've met my needs even though we had differing worldviews.  Like Mina, I could have imagined dating a strong atheist even though I was Christian.

I coukd have run to this person instead of God, and like Mina,  I would have realized that this person couldn't truly understand me due to our differing worldviews. I was close to going down that same road before God showed me how he fill me.   Mina's story haunts me because it could have been my own.

No comments: