Saturday, September 10, 2005

Not Forsaken (Ps 27:10)

So one of my friends that was a former CSU Ram sent me this story about some kids in New Orleans that were neighbors and banded together to walk to saftey and were later reunited with their parents. It was really interesting to read especially since yesterday I read Psalm 27 for my quiet time. :) The verse, "Though my father and mother forsake me,the Lord will recieve me." touched me because I was adopted and this new story added more meaning to the verse.

I was abandoned at birth by my biological parents. I beliee then that's when the Lord stepped in and took care of me. I was born jaundice and so I could've developed liver problams or my Hepatitis B could've remained as a full stregnth disease instead of it going dormant like it has stayed for the past 20 years. He also took care of me in the health arena by not havimg me suffer much damage from having meningitis and the measles while in the Philippines.

When I was united with my mom through adoption, she tells this really cool story about how when she picked me up to hold me at the airport, I just gave her this gigantic hug and she says that I held on for 5 - 10 minutes before she was able to pull me back to see my face. Looking at that from that verse, it was like I sensed God had promised me a real mother to take care of me, raise me, and introduce me to His word and Him, and when I finally met Mom, that huge hug was probably my response to God possibly saying, "I am always faithful. I have been faithful to the promise I made to you."

For these kids in New Orleans, their apartment building could've been the one that was completely submerged or they could've been stranded, but they managed to be taken out by helicopter. Even though they were seperated from their parents, the lead child was given wisdom far beyond his years which allowed him to lead the others to safety. All along the way they could've gotten stuck in a riot, or they could've been stuck in the crowd and not made it to the authorities, but I think God was just leading them to saftey. He also put in place the volunteers at the Boys and Girls club where they stayed until their parents came for them.

God is alwyas faithful.

No comments: