Thursday, January 19, 2006

View from the library

So, first off, I want to praise God for the blessing of WIRELESS INTERNET!! :) :) It is most useful and convienent minus having to haul my notebook computer around everywhere, but hey, it still works. I have this wierd idea to go and post from the Chem building which would require me to find an outlet in the main lobby since my battery apprently doesn't like runnning on its own anymore...

Anyway, it's snowing and it's all wet outside my window on the 3rd floor (like I said, this post is entitled: view from the Library). Everything looks dead and dormant. But I know not for long because it will be spring! Time for leaves on the trees, even MORE campus squirrels running around, and that lovely March blizzard that always scares the crap out of the people that don't want the trees around the Oval destroyed. Basically, it's all desloate and stuff, but Spring is just around the corner.

Isn't it how everything moves - in that cyclical pattern - well, we generally move in a linear pattern of growing in our Faith and recieving the strengthening of that hope and joy that comes from God. But there is backsliding or sadness or dry spells in our faith. It is indeed cyclical in the fact that we move back, but God pulls us forward. Once we feel the hand of God moving us, and the Spirit coming alive, it is like the waning of winter - outside it's still a bit cold and dreary and snowy and devoid of leaves and flowers and such, but there is that hope of spring... renewed by the water of the cistern that won't run dry.

1 comment:

Edwin Smith said...

"Be through my lips to unawaken'd earth the trumpet of a prophecy! O Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"
--[Shelley, Ode to the West Wind]