Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Winter Break

So, winter break is a break from all things school! Homework, exams, pop - quizzes, papers, you name it! It's also a break from seeing your friends every day, going to their rooms when bored, freedom you have in college, high - speed internet (in my case), and from life in my little Christian bubble I call D - Team and other Christian friends.

The break from Ft. Collins is challenging me to live for God as if I was still in Ft. Collins. Meaning, consistent quiet times, spiritual conversations, and thoughts that dwell on and honor God must go on. Most times, when I am in Denver, I don't connect with God because I don't have as many opportunities to stay in touch with other Believers and get saturated with Christianity as I do in my Christian bubble.

However, that has changed this break. I have been more consistent with my quiet times, praying, and spiritual conversations. IM - ing Believers and calling them helps too :) I realized that I didn't need my Christian bubble to keep me on the right track. Staying in God's word and delighting in Him whether I'm surrounded by Believers or not is what keeps me in check. I keep consistency, not to keep a clean slate with God, but because it is my constant act of worship - the 'sacrifice of Praise' Paul talks about in Hebrews 13, it is how I connect to the Spring of Living Water because I feel it when it starts to run low, and I have seen it seem to dry up in some Believers and I don't want that to happen to me.

"Through Jesus, let us therefore, continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise -the fruit of lips that confess His name." Heb 13:15

No comments: