Friday, May 12, 2006

Graduation Day!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GRADUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so anyway, I just got done telling one of my profs good bye. Well, two profs, but one was this one that I outreached to for - uh - a little OVER 1/2 of my college career. Seriously, this professor has been a part of my college life for 4 and 1/2 semesters.... It's like yeah. A whole massive amount of time... So, I said good bye and later I was telling a friend about it and I just almost straight - up started crying because God has done so much through that situation and taught me so much and He has probably impacted this professor's life more than this professor even knows because - yeah, he doesn't even believe that God's there. Anyway, yeah. Probably the 2nd most bitter-sweet moment of this week. The first was after Mom got seriously all my stuff out of my room and drove off and I was headed to the Gifford lab to atrophy - I mean work for 5 hours - and I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, College is really going to be over in about 24 hours." That hit me and I just wanted to cry. Plus, the whole Mom coming up reminded me of having to go back and forth from Denver to Ft. C's when Pa was sick, so yeah. I wanted to cry about that too.

But then last night, Lesley and I went to Coopersmiths, where I drank pink Cream Soda - Coopersmith's Made cream soda. It was gooooooooooooood!!! :) And the Teriaki Burger was goooooooood too! Man, I'm going to have to go for a run on Saturday - at HOME. I'm thinking the park by the Y... Or - well - ok, I'll see. I was going to take the bus to Ft. Logan (I might actually do this) and then drop off some flowers *note to self, get more, or maybe a graduation something at King's) and see Pa (his grave) and tell him I graduated and then I'll attempt to find the bike path and jog around there. Or - well, I'll just have to see. I can't believe I'm going to be HOME tomrrow - like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Today I came to say good bye,
And as I walked, my heart was light
Free from the chains - entangling sin.
But filled with the Father's love within.

I sat outside, in His creation.
Seeking His heart, and not
My own consolation.
I asked, "Test my heart
O God, and see if there is any
offense Within me."

I said, "I seek You first,
With my desire I come. To say
Goodbye, this time here done.
But rid me of those chains
Of desire impure.
Rid me of the tempation
That always lures."

My God replied, Oh my
God my relief
As I climbed the stairs
The air had ceased

To be filled with the thick
Stench of temtation.
That dragged me into my
thoughts' sin prison.

And I looked at you and
I said goodbye.
and I said thank you
but by and by

I'll have released you to
Our Creator above.
I'll know He has sought you
To reveal to you His love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation, you have completed a great challenge, and grown closer to God while doing it.
Good poem.