Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Live like the pros - Professionals that is!

Right.... so, I'm in Fedex/Kinkos doing this blog thinger and I had to do some other internet stuff downtown. I'm getting ready for job interviews and stuff which required me to buy a snazzy suit - from Ross that is - no department store prices for me!!!! Anyway, hauling around my laptop and being somewhat dressy going downtown and trying out my mom's new camera made me have the Young Working Professional look without the working and professional part (yet - by God's will, I will have a job, and I am trusting God for THAT job - this job that appears to be a perfect fit - we'll see...) Anyway, it makes me think, that these 'new looks' and new gadgets determine the 'new you.' It's like, if I take on that role, will I start to love the look and gadgets or will God still be my first love? Will I continue to trust in Him as my Provider and Lord or will I rely on my own terms?

I pray, God, if You put me into a role - Your will willing, the role of a Professional Research Assistant, that I remember my role You called me to - as Your child and Your servant to further Your kingdom. May I always praise Your name and trust in You in the midst of this transition. You are God. Amen.

1 comment:

Ankur Dnyanmote said...

I read this: (http://spiritualequilibrium.blogspot.com/2006/03/humanism-makes-me-spew-ii-rant.html) and the other (http://medscape.typepad.com/thedifferential/2006/07/how_do_we_know_.html)

Well..if YOU stop existing, then your sense of comfort that comes from the belief in god is also gone. True, that the belief in god helped you cope with the loss of your relatives, and that, my friend, is exactly the function of such belief: it made you "comfortable" about a phenomenon (loss and death) we humans have not yet come to understand..yet. So I do think there is a solid arguement for evolutionary psychology to 'begin' the pursuit of 'functions of behavior' rather than acceptance of dogma!
Shine On!