Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wolves in Nice Cozy Soft Squishy Sheep Clothing

Riight... so, this is the the ranting post. Yay. Though disclaimer goes, I did get sucked into this site of which I will now rant about (yay).

So, anyway, there's this unnamed dating site that claims to be Christian. The Great Comission Association of Churches (GCAC)is against the conventional dating where people date to find the One. GCAC believes that God would lead people into Courtship which is dating --> engagement --> marriage and actually has produced an extremely low divorce rate. Even so, if I didn't follow the principles of GCAC on dating, I would have my doubts about this site that I happened upon and was clicking around out of boredom due to having senioritis.

The Case against this website:

First of all, when it gives the criteria for the matches, it lists tons of religions including atheist and agnositic. It's a Christian website, so why are those options? Don't they know about 1 Corinthians where Paul explicitly tells people not to be yoked to nonbelievers? Then why is that even on there??? Second of all, this survey I took asked about some things that I was like, "Whoa!! I can't believe this option on the survey is an option!" Plus I got an e - mail that had yet other surveys on it that you could take that warned about explicit content on them. That was the last straw, and so I decided to write this blog.

Personal Musings and other stuff

I think once God teaches you a lesson, you want others to not learn it the hard way. This dating site may get people to learn things the hard way - the way God didn't intend for them to learn, but He will allow it so that they might learn that one's life is His, and one should entrust things like dating to Him first (no matter if they are using the GCAC model or not, by the way). This site basically let people take dating into their own hands, and their thoughts and sexuality into their own hands too. Basically, it was 'Christian' but not pleasing to Christ.

How much are we like that? Christian but not pleasing to Christ? Am I every day dying to myself to be more pleasing to Christ and not just Christian by label? I admit that at times I am not pleaing to Christ, but I hope that most of the time I am, but God didn't choose us because we were pleasing to Him. It pleased Him to choose us, to sanctify us so He would be pleased to make us holy for His glorification alone.

No comments: