Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thoughts on my LAST DAY IN FORT COLINS


SOME of my stuff!! 
 That's right! Tomorrow is my LAST FULL DAY IN FORT COLLINS!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!That is SOOOO WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!








Old Town Fort Collins!!!!



Really - really weird! :O 


Yeah! 


I dropped a TON of books off at the Summitview Library and I gave Kate the Great a GIANT HUG! :) I wanted to cry when I left Summitview because 'tear' Katie will miss all the people that are part of Summitview. 


I will miss my friends too. Because they make me smile and I like hanging out with them. I'm happy though, because there's always the world of FACEBOOK! But Facebook is not the same as hugs. Nope. Not the same at all. And not the same as sitting across from them over lunch or hanging out, or over a dish of ice-cream and seeing them giggle. 


I had my last D-Team last night too. I will miss everyone there. They all have such cool perspectives on God and the Bible, and I learn so much from them :) They've taught me a lot, and I hope I have taught them stuff too. They say I have :) That makes me smile. But, not being able to see them every week will make me sad. 


I'll miss my friends. Yup. I said that already. 
But I'm excited to meet new friends in my Paralegal courses and also at the Denver Firehouse Church :) That makes me happy! I'll see some girls I knew from Summitview and that makes me feel better - more comforted and know my transition will be easier to see them :) and I know the pastor Rich Thatcher already! I'm excited to hear him teach again. 


aaaaaand..... I'LL BE RIDING THE RTD BUS SYSTEM with my DISCOUNT BUS PASS! 
DISCOUNT BUS PASS!!


 That's right! I get BUS SERVICE on: EVENINGS (past 6pm), and SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS! And I'll be able to ride the Light Rail and the bus stops are on Google Maps, and RTD has a mobile website :D Basically, for this girl who's transit-dependent, moving to a city that has a much much much much better transit system is exciting. Why??? Because more freedom for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have to depend on others for rides, and I can get around more like a normal person in Denver, and yeah!!!!!! Oh, and I don't have to worry about parking downtown either heheee heee heee!!!! :) 

AAAAAAAAND: 


I'll be able to help my grandma out more :) When I came for Memorial Day weekend, I was at her house for a few hours helping her get ready. It was fun just talking to her as we made deviled eggs. And I got to do stuff for her like get out a platter for the eggs that was under a TON of other heavy dishes, and I washed the pots and pans on the counter. She has less of a range of motion, so she can't lift things or reach for things as well. That's why washing pots and pans was nice. Because some of them are heavy. I also was able to talk to my aunt who has a developmental disability. It was fun to catch up with her. To be able to help them more will be nice, and I pray that they would see Christ through my helping them and my just being there for them :) :) Same with my mom :) :) 


So all in all, I'm going to REALLY MISS FORT COLLINS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!! Mainly because my people from Summitview that have helped me grow up and mature as Christian will be there and I will be in Denver, and I have fun memories of all the years I've lived here too. But I'm excited to begin my life in Denver because I'll be able to help my family more, and embark on learning how to become a paralegal, and be involved in a new church in Denver :) 



No comments: