Thursday, November 22, 2012

100 Things I am thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving Blogsphere! 

I have not done a Thanksgiving blog post since November 2005. While reviewing that post, I noticed that I had done a 100 things I am thankful for as a Small Group Bible Study exercise. 

Here's a list of 22 things I am thankful for as of November 22, 2012 :) 

Katie is thankful for: 

  1. God saving me TEN YEARS AGO in 2002 in 264 Newsom Hall at Colorado State University!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  2. That the formative years of my spiritual development (ages 0-7, especially 0-3) were spent around people who truly took the Bible to heart and lived it out. Thank you Summitview!! :) 
  3. For my college education that has helped me as I go into the paralegal program! 
  4. For Mom because she's awesome and she's letting me crash at her house rent free while I get my paralegal certificate! 
  5. For the rest of the Sutherland clan because they are crazy yet awesome! 
  6. For this computer because I use it a LOT! 
  7. For my jobs I've had in 2012 - my group home job and my job at CSU. 
  8. For my ROOMMATES I had in 2012! Roz and Jo! I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!! :) 
  9. For the others in the Quad that made me smile such as Kristina and Kim :) 
  10. That I am able to volunteer at Colorado Legal Services for experience and also to help them out :) 
  11. For the RTD bus system that is so much better than Transfort :) 
  12. That there's peace in the middle east for today (Thanks, Mom) 
  13. That Mom is thankful for stuff too and thankful to God for a lot of it and that wouldn't have happened 10 years ago! 
  14. I'm thankful for Hope Crossing Church my new peeps! 
  15. I'm thankful for freedom of speech and religion covered in the First Amendment to the Constitution :) 
  16. I'm thankful for my friends in the paralegal program that we can be paralegal nerds together! 
  17. I'm thankful for my friends from high school  and CSU that I still keep in touch with  :) 
  18. I'm thankful for squishy friends (stuffed animals). 
  19. That it's sunny out today and it was really nice out yesterday :) 
  20. That the news only has to report on the Macy's parade and not more urgent (bad) news. 
  21. That God has provided for me even in this recession and still has his hand of grace and provision over the United States (for now). 
  22. That I get to play with my cute second cousins at tonight's family gathering and that I will most likely get to eat pie :) WOO HOO! 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments: