Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Brain - Brain Barrier

Yes, you read right. The Brain - Brain barrier not the blood - brain barrier. It's what keeps parts of your brain from not communicating or it keeps parts of your brain unreachable. In my own brain, my random musings and daydreams are a barrier to me thinking and praying through stuff that needs to be dealt with. God and I had a chat about that this morning in place of Infusion prayer. It was good to talk with God about stuff that needed to be dealt with (surprise, surprise.)

God also told me that sometimes I pray from my brain instead of my heart. Meaning: sometimes I pray in a detached manner and say stuff that sounds good like, "Use this for Your glory" or "I pray I see Your sovereignty..." which in itself isn't bad, but when I pray it in place of what my heart wants to say, I block my heart from God. God said, "I know you do that because there's things in there that you don't want to say." Uh huh. But once I say them, I know that God's going to take care of them and I truly feel them lifted. :)

No comments: