Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hm...............

So, it's been a long time since I updated my blog. I was in Denver and I had dial - up internet.... 'nuff said. I was also visiting my extended family and cousins I hadn't seen for a very long time. Anyhoo, I'm back in The Fort.

This looks like it may be another one of those random blogs. I want to go outside soon, so I won't be long here. Today I woke up in a bad mood. So I went for a run, but not before listening to the radio wake me up. The song "Flood" by Jars of Clay was playing,
" Calm the storms that drench my eyes, and dry the streams still flowing / casting down all waves of sin / and guilt thats overflowing... If I could swim after 40 days / and my mind was crushed by the crashing waves / lift me up so I cannot fall / lift me up"
My mind this morning was flooded with thoughts about Grandpa and my fears he wouldn't get better and that he was suffering when he didn't want to be. I was sad on the 4th of July because it was the 1st 4th of July without my uncle RG and now Pa wasn't there. So that made me a little sad all week. So one could say that I was doubly hit this summer with continuing to deal with the death of my uncle and now with Grandpa's sickness.

As I was running I was thinking about that. I could let all this crush me or I could let God lift me up. This doesn't mean that I won't ever be sad or in a bad mood or stressed about it. It just means that I will walk through those emotions acknowledging God's next to me all the way through. That leads me to another verse, "In all your ways aknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Prov 3:6. If I didn't aknowledge God through hard times, I would tend to not seek comfort in Him and instead seek comfort from someone other than God or my own flesh, both which are bad and not glorifying to God. If I acknowledge God through this, He will comfort me with His word, with His peace, and possibly bringing in another believer to help me.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Which of your friends are helping out the ISU church? (or are they in IA City?)

-matt

Abra McGillivary said...

That's a good proverb. it seems like when I try to solve my problems without God, I'm just running around but to know that if you recognize God in your struggles he will guide you down the perfect straight path, Katie I love you