Monday, July 25, 2005

By Faith....

Today we were reading Hebrews 11 - 12 and praying through those two chapters at morning prayer. I thought of a list of things that I knew or that I did because of faith. Reember that it is not me who can take the credit but it is Jesus - the author and perfector of my faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1

1. By faith I listened to the sermons at church and tried to learn from them and lead a good life because of them. Somehow, I knew that God's word was a light to my feet...
2. By faith I knew that cursing was wrong - hearing it made me uncomfortable, and by faith, I took that as a sign that I wasn't supposed to do that.
3. By faith Mom got healed from a cyst when I was in 6th grade. My grandparents never stopped praying for her, and I stepped up to have the faith of my grandparents and completely trust that God would heal her.
4. By faith I knew that my body was a temple. I had heard it in church, but I put faith in the idea that God would somehow reward those that kept their body set apart for Him.
5. By faith I stood up in my 9th grade sex - ed class and said that God desired abstinance because it was His way of protecting us from the ills of sexual immorality. I didn't have any verses to quote and I wasn't Christian at the time.
6. By faith I trusted God for the consequences of trying to take my own life (11th grade.)
7. By faith, I chose to go to CSU and constructed my rationale for going later.
8. By faith I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
9. By faith I allowed God into my life as a pre - med.
10. By faith I allowed God to become my 'Abba' Father
11. By faith I broke free of my past by allowing God to heal me from its scars.
12. By faith I trusted that God was soveriegn even through the death of my uncle and the illness of my Grandpa.


No comments: