Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Christmas without pain

So, right... one may wonder why I'm writing about Christmas so soon. It's because some girls from my floor were down in the music room. One girl was playing on the piano, and the rest of us were listening and singing along. We were playing Christmas songs because one girl really likes Christmas. She works at Old Navy and is going to decorate all day the 28 and 29th of this month. Everyone was so excited, but I started to feel sad because my uncle died Dec 22 of last year and now my grandpa won't be there. Jen started playing Hark the Herald Angels Sing and we got to the part where it goes, "Joyful all ye nations rise / Join the triumph of the skies / With angelic
hosts proclam / Christ is born in Bethlehem." I thought of the sermon I listened to in Monika and Liz's room about the judgement for Christians in Heaven, but I focused on the 'worshiping in Heaven' componet of the sermon. Then I started to feel joy even though I was sad.

One Christmas, we will all be in Heaven. We might do the slightly corny 'Happy Birthday
to Jesus' song that we sang in Sunday school (or led kids in singing if we didn't go to Sunday school as kids.) Then we'll just worship like crazy and party down because it's our Savior's birthday. And everyone will be there. We won't have to worry if people aren't going to make it to the good eats due to car trouble, weather, flight cancelations, deaths in the family, etc. I don't know if it will be snowy or what, but it will be cool. For every Christmas we all go through that's painful, we will seriously have a million more full of just pure joy. Now that's something to get excited about!

No comments: