Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Mier, Mier, Pants on FIRE

So this is from my other blog that I usually don't share with a whole bunch of people. However, I am re - blogging an entry off of there onto here because I feel like it...gosh! And I think it's important.
The Original Blog
I can't believe I have not blogged on Mier yet. Alas, biochemistry tests come first, ranting - a clos second! (Sorry, ranting buddy, I like Biochemstry - we don't even have to try 'synthesizing our way out of a paper bag...') Anyway, Mier...

There's a saying, "Open your mouth, insert your foot - well, Bush's foot may well be down past his laryinx - maybe down to the bronhial tree. Either way, he's not only put his foot in his mouth, he's suffocated himself with it. So, what's the fuss? I wrote an opinion article to the Rocky Mountain News (that I don't know if it got published) that I deleted without ever thinking: crap! I could put it on the blog! Oh well. Anyway, I basically said that some articles and her work experience makes her an unlikely candidate for the Supreme Court. It will seriously gag me if Bush gets the Senate or anyoone else to nominate her.

It's like making me Chief of Pediatrics having only (almost) graduated with a Human Development and Family Studies degree, an average score on the MCAT and a decent GPA. I'm several large skips and a jump away from being a doctor, much less Chief of Pediatrics of anything. Mier is a lawyer. But she's a few large steps away from being a judge, much less Supreme Court Judge. So it just makes absolutely no sense.
Seeing as this sheds light on Bush's decision making skills is way WAY WAY scary...


I read other articles and all we know is that she's against abortion and... well, against abortion... and Christian. A lot of the articles in the Rocky Mtn. News focused on James Dobson. Yes, The Dob. So he supports Mier's nomination, but is kinda like, "God give me a sign. A reeeeeeeeeally good sign that she's The One."

But I thought about Philipians 2 or 1 or whatever we read that talked about spiritual gifts and talents and everything. Being a Supreme Court judge isn't a spiritual gift per se but I think that God would've chosen someone with the skills to do it right. I know people have done crazy stuff with no formal training at all - Paul speaking and writing 1/2 of the Bible, Moses leading a whole nation, but those are really rare. I just don't see it working with Mier. She could be doing a great job hanging out at the White House and serving people there. That's just fine and I'm sure she's great at what she does.

But it's really annoying when Bush acts like an airhead and makes decsions like this on the fly that completely go against logic. It's just fodder for non - Christians to say that all we as Christians do is make decisions on faith and not use our brain cells and (the worst insult) rely on faith for things because we don't have 2 functioning brain cells to rub together. That makes me mad beyond mad... That's an insult to academically astute Christians everywhere and makes it harder for us to reason with people who just think (because of the Christian airheads) that we're relying on faith alone because we can't use logic.

As an afterthought: sorry for the rant if you've never seen the ranting side of me... actually, I won't appologize for the inttensity of my rant, but if I said anything that you disagree with, feel free to write me back and we can disscuss it intellegently...

No comments: