Monday, October 03, 2005

on being short

I'm in the Industrial Sciences computer lab as I write this. I'm on this swivelly office chair that can go up and down. Since the table's high and the computer screen is higher, I'm sitting on the chair pushed all the way up. Meaning my feet don't touch the floor... This makes me feel way short...

10 reasons I think God made me short

1. God was saving up Growth Factor for this kid at my high school who's about 7 ft tall.
2. I don't intimidate kids as easily in Children's Ministry because I'm so short.
3. When my body wasn't getting enough nutrients, God was routing all the nutrients to my brain instead of the rest of my body.
4. I'm so short I can pass for a freshman even though I'm a senior and still in the dorms. Advantage: I don't get made fun of or feel old.
5. When we all have to cram in someone's car for Small Group, I am 'squishable.'
6. I can squeeze by people in the Clark building lecture hall benches to get that seat in the center of the front row.
7. Because He felt like it... gosh
8. Four letters: A,T,C, and G
9. So I'll always stay humble and need to ask people to help me: "Could you reach... for me?"
10. He's trying to tell the world He can put a lot of power in a little jar if the little jar lets Him...

Any other additions, comments, questions, comments welcome!

1 comment:

Abra McGillivary said...

Katie I love you girl, keep up with the bloging. Even though I don't reply I read ever one.

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. - 2 Peter 1:3