Monday, April 09, 2012

Worship on a Not-So-Tropical Island

The book of Revelation begins with Jesus Himself crashing John's solo Sabbath Worship Dance Party!!!!!!  Ok - I don't really know if John was having a little dance party on Patmos,  but here's what I figure: after being by a lonesome exile for a while I'm sure dancing wildly by oneself would be a legitimate way to pass the time.  In my head...Or maybe he was collecting starfish and playing Sunday School with them or something :)

But I thought to myself: John, after being persecuted and possibly seeing friends die for the faith, still chooses to worship God. That is cool!  Not everyone could do that.  Observing the Sabbath wasn't just something he did around his Christian friends and he didn't pray only with them.  His faith was something he cultivated on his own too keep it up on an isolated island.

And maybe seeing persecution and hard times strengthened his faith when he chose to talk to God through it.  That is pretty cool!!!!!!


No comments: