Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The fight to see competence

Yet another post from the road... ahem or Light Rail line :D


Yay textbooks! 
 
Today we played a trivia game in Property Law and yesterday I took a quiz in Intro to Law. I got many of the answers right in the trivia game and got a 97 on my exam :) 

These accomplishments are the ammunition in my fight to see my competence in my transition to being a future-paralegal. 

At times I do not feel competent. When I'm reminded to study or when my mom worries, "Are you sure you think you did well on that test?" I worry that maybe she doesn't think I'm competent. 

I know it's sort of black and white thinking because of my ASD, but it's true. I know that Mom cares about my studies and just wants me to do well, but I feel like I am not doing something right if she worries. 

Yet, if I continue to do well, no matter how much my mom or anyone else worries about my progress, tangible grades, and being able to answer my questions are proof beyond a reasonable doubt that I am achieving competence in my paralegal classes. And for that competence, I thank God :) 

No comments: