Friday, August 10, 2012

God's hand in a car dent

Today Mom and I got in a car accident resulting in a dent in the back of her car :( We were stopped at a light and the person behind us forgot to stop. 

Then it was off to the police station to file a report. Mom stayed relatively calm through it. I helped her fill it out by reading stuff off different papers she had. I won't lie, I sorta felt like a paralegal helping Mom fill out a legal document... I also asked the officer the questions Mom had since she doesn't like talking to people she doesn't know. 

So now we're home and Mom is resting up her back (because it was a little sore from the accident). One thing I realize is this: God's hand was all over this accident. Here are all the ways: 
  • Even though we got a car ding, it was on the back, not the front where the engine is. 
  • The airbags didn't go off. 
  • Mom stayed calm enough to exchange the information with the other driver. 
  • I was there to help Mom verify the information.
  • I stayed calm to help Mom file the police report.
  • The officer at the station was nice and available to answer our questions. 
  • The car ding will still allow us to open the trunk. 

It's still cool to see God's hand in incidents like this even though the incident itself is no fun. So truly in all things we can say, "God is Good!"



No comments: