Saturday, January 12, 2013

Waiting and Hanging on tight

Ye Olde Blogger may be in for a good significant life change! I can't be more specific (which is uncharacteristic of me) but revealing what it is would distract from the focus of this post.

Anyway, knowing a good life change that changes A LOT of my life is coming is sorta like getting ready to go tubing. It's exciting because you're doing something friends say is fun, but you look at the rushing waters and rapids of the Boulder Creek (or Poudre River or other body of water) and think, "Oh -my-gosh!!! What am I getting myself into??? Yes, I have gone tubing if you were wondering :)



The little girl about to go tubing in the rushing white-capped waters of the Boulder Creek on a sunny day with her Father has a moment of fear.

"Daddy! Daddy, the water's going fast! Daddy, the water's cold!"

"I know, princess, but your brothers and sisters have a lot of fun tubing! You see and learn about the river like this!"

"Daddy, what if I fall? What if I don't like the water? What if my tube pops? Daddy, I'm scared!!"

"Princess, you will be in Daddy's inner tube on Daddy's lap and He will be with you all the way. He will put you in the tube at exactly the right time." The little girl nods. The waters look less scary. And she clings to her Daddy's hand and waits. The fear leaves and the excited anticipation returns. "Princess, do you trust me?"

"Yes, Daddy. I trust You."

That's how I'm feeling right now :) praying, reading the Bible, and listening to awesome worship songs is how I am holding on to my Father's hand as I wait for a pending exciting somewhat scary adventure to begin!!

1 comment:

2xA Ron said...

Gasp! Uncharacteristically unspecific? OCC is Serious Business (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OOCIsSeriousBusiness)! The Mayan's were a month late in their predictions! ;-)

Seriously, though, I hope it goes well and I'm excited that you're excited and I'll find out why you're excited when the time is right.