Monday, January 28, 2013

LUDICROUS SPEED! GO!

Boaz and I were having another 2 hour long conversation today after church and he said that we went from 0 - boyfriend in two dates and I laughed. 

That's not entirely accurate though. We became close over messaging through the online dating site. One reason I think we bonded there was that both of us knew the other was straight up about our faith.  On my online profile (that apparently he looked at quite frequently before pondering messaging me :) I was straight up that I wanted a strong Christian and I considered myself growing toward a strong Christian status. His profile indicated a similar sentiment - YAY! - 


Anyway, I honestly think one reason this whole relationship sort of happened at ludicrous speed was because of one word: Genuineness. 

Both of us just wanted to share who we were as the people God had made. That was really cool because I think we didn't as Boaz puts it, "Wear masks and need time to see through our walls." I was able to share what I was thinking aka "My heart" and he was able to share his heart right away. 

So was that a bad idea? I mean, we just met!! Well, it wasn't like we were sharing the deepest parts of ourselves initially. We just geeked out about school and such and I was able to tell him about my career shift and he was able to tell me about work and his degree program as well. It was a progression to discussing our church families and our faith which led into discussions of what God had taught us throughout our lives. 

Both of us say that we began falling for each other during the discussions of our faith journeys. I really liked that he was a solid Christian who wanted to be a good Godly dad to his son and a good Godly husband to whoever he would marry, and I think he liked that I was open and growing in my faith too. So knowing that we both liked each other made it easier to open up even more :) 

So yeah! That explains why to some people, this happened at... ludicrous speed! But with God driving this relationship, He sets the speed at just right for His purposes! :) YAY! :) I just have to keep praying for Boaz to listen to His instructions and lead accordingly :) 

No comments: