Wednesday, January 23, 2013

SURPRISE!

Ok, blogsphere! Seems as if I pulled an OOC (Out of Character) move by totally leaving everyone on a cliffhanger on my last post! 

We-ell...... 

A really awesome Christian guy has entered my life and we are on the path to becoming more than friends :) 

That's right! 


YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I met Boaz (not his real name), about a month ago and we really connected talking about school (he's going for elementary ed and I'm of course going to paralegal school) and our faiths since both of us are involved at our respective churches. 

Last Saturday I went on a first date to Starbucks / Noodles and Co. 

This week Boaz suggested we could go to a nice restaraunt like Mimi's Cafe. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Stuff I dig about Boaz: 
1. He gets so excited talking about being involved in children's ministry and the worship band he's in and he wants to worship God with all his heart and teach the next generation to as well! 

2. I've shared how God has used hard things in my life to teach me about Himself and Boaz shared some things along those lines and he was understanding of how those things have affected my life and walk with God and I was also vice versa with him. And he told me he was looking forward to encouraging me in my faith and told me how much I had encouraged him. 

3. When he began the "I think I like you more than a friend" talk, he asked me what I thought that would look like and we both agreed that the male led which was why Boaz was the one to initiate the, "Wanna go to Starbucks / Noodles as our first - date?" And I was like, HECK YEAH! 

4. He's just a Godly guy and that is cool! 

5. He's also really hilarious and we laugh about stuff like movies we like and just random dorky stuff. 

6. He gets that I'm on the autism spectrum :) and still likes me :) 

7. He's understanding with how I will have to go and help Mom in the middle of our conversation and is cool with calling me back or having the first date not go too long in the evening so my mom wouldn't worry about that. He understands that she is protective and he accommodates accordingly. 

Well..... more on this later and in more up and coming posts! 

Surprise! :) 

No comments: