Saturday, February 18, 2006

Completely Ridiculously Awesome - Cool Times!!

You wouldn't think that this title would be for a blog about the Premedica Symposium, but it is :) Anyway, it was about cancer research and all the new stuff. I hosted one of the speakers which meant that I got water and juice for him when he needed it and just chilled out with him before the Symposium started.

The cool part was seeing more about how cell growth is regulated with all the proteins and stuff. I was thinking, "WHOA!!!! That's massively complex," And if a scientist went in and looked at it more, I think he or she would see that it had to be designed because of exactly how each part works out. NO, ID IS NOT A COP OUT BECAUSE WE THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE IT'S COMPLEX MEANS IT'S DESIGNED AND THEREFORE WE WON'T GO AND UNDERSTAND IT!!!! <-- Sorry, that's addressing my professor's rant about it... But anyway there was a speaker who I think was Christian because her son was carrying around a water bottle that read, "God made me" and I was like, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That's sooo cute!!!" This speaker is a faculty member in the College of Veterenary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences - the heart of CSU where people flock to and so, to realize that God has at least one worker in a position to reach a whole lot of that college made me really excited :) :)

The third cool part was at first not so cool. I started to get a nasty stomach ache after lecture two. My uncle has been dead from lung cancer for nearly 14 months now, and I think all that was coming back even though my mind didn't really acknowledge it, the rest of me did. I was hoping I wouldn't throw up or anything, but I went to the bathroom in between lectures a few times because I thought 'oh no, this is it.' I was feeling really bad during our refreshment break, but I knew that I had to stay with the speaker I was hosting. So, I thought about how God was sovereign in regulation of cells and everything, and trusted He would be sovereign over my gastrointestinal (GI) tract. I ended up keeping my stomach through the whole thing, and I felt better after I sat out one lecture.

After the symposium, a few of us helped clean up. We had massive amounts of baked food :) I got to get a whole bunch of grub! What's really awesome was that we spent so much time serving during the Symposium, and it just showed that God did reward us richly right then. I even had grub to give away to others :) I also helped one of the pre - med faculty advisors out to her car which she really liked :)

All in all, the Symposium just showed God's faithfulness in everything. Science without God is useless, it solves things, but if it doesn't glory the Creator, it is for nothing. If you erradicate someone's tumor, but if they do not know the Creator that designed their bodies, it is still a loss. But this Symposium glorified the Creator who designed every cell and who provided for the event to happen.

No comments: