Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Creator Selected Out of His House

"It is written," he said to them, " 'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it a den of robbers.' " Mat 21:13

God, oh God my CREATOR, what is going on with Your house, oh that a lie would spread - today - yes, today in Your house, there are thieves - that steal Your glory from Creation, Your honor, Your name that we may no longer praise You as Creator - Lord, Lord, please make them stop...

Oh, God thank You, God, Thank You for John Meyer, Your servent who has kept your body of Believers which is Summitview Community Church in awe of You as Creator - worshiping You in Your rightful place, with these worshippers, we truly know every aspect of You, Lord. Thank you for making us this voice that stands out. Thank You so much, Lord.


Ok, right. So, here's the deal: Today was Evolution Sunday in the churches in the US. John told us that and we were all like, "WHAT?????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?" Personally, I think John Morris and his buddies are probably all over at ICR turning out articles like CRAZY to get people to wake up and come to their senses.

This SO can't be happening. It is, but it can't be. Not here. Well, in a way, I see why it can happen. Because we have forgot God. That's the only explanation. And also that we have been told in our classrooms and everything that Macroevolution is true. I believed it for a good six months after becoming Christian, and who knows what I would have thought had not God put me into Summitview to be taught by our bio - nerdy pastor why biologically it doesn't make sense.

So, why did we in the US forget the Lord our God? The answer, I think, lies in Deutoronomy 8 where it says specifically, "Do not forget the Lord your God when you are rolling in it." Also, like it says in the first half of Isaiah, we have forsaken Him and built our own idols. John has also spoken about this numerous times, and I see it in our own lives. Why else would I be sucked into wasting homework time browsing on line for an iPod before God and an impending essay deadline knock me to my senses? How could I long for a metal covered circuit board to satisfy me in a way that only God can? Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have, but the longing for it can't consume me. But for so many people, the stuff they want consumes them.

In church, John quoted a guy who did the finnances seminar yesterday and he told everyone to focus on their dreams and goals in order to follow these principles. That just stank of using God to get what you want, and having what you want be a motivation over honoring God by being a steward of His blessings. I was siting behind the glass panels due to feeling feverish, and I was saying, "What? WHAT?!?!?! No way!!! That's just not right!" God cannot God cannot be a means to an end. He will not be misused and mistreated and dishonored like that. He won't allow it - ok, maybe He allows it for a while, but in the end, those that just used him will pay. They will be shamed by Him when they stand before Him.

Are we as a nation like that? Do we just pray to Him for comfort or to get stuff or - I mean, not all of us are like that, but I am referring to the larger culture. Does it encourage using God as a means to an end? If so, then the idea that He is Creator really isn't important, and the truth of it would probably scare a whole bunch of people because they'd realize that "He's real - He's really real!!!' <-- yes, John, you say this a lot so this is in my blog, but I like it :) :)

Anyway, those are my very long thoughts about Evolution Day.

No comments: