Monday, February 06, 2006

Loosing an eternal family member

Are you lost or just gone?
Are you wandering or
Do you not know Home?

Which are you?
My brother(1), my friend?

Come back to your Lord
Or find the reality of Him.

God's hand is not to short.
To pull him back
Or to wipe my eyes.

God's power is not too weak
To reveal Himself even if
You don't seek.

God's love is enough
To save you and to
Comfort me.

Though this time is hard
I will still worship and sing
Praises to Thee.

1. brother in this sense refers to being a brother in Christ to me aka. a fellow Believer.

Ok, so, yeah. I am starting the grieving process yet AGAIN. Hopefully this will be short. But I know I'm going to have to grieve this loss. So, I'm crying, but the 'restorative' tasks are kicking in almost immediately along with the 'disorganized' proccesses of grief. (If you don't understand, that's HD332 talk for alternately putting things back together after a loss and being completely whacked out with everything all at the same time. Trust me, they can be concurrent.) Anyway, what I lost is a fellow Christian in the sense that he said that he has stepped away from the faith and doesn't believe it anymore. I really am trusting God because God is the only one that can help at this point. Of course I'm upset, but not completely without hope. If anything, it was the best thing my friend could've told me because I can be praying for specific needs for him.

No comments: